Straight-Line Marketing ("Straight-Line", "we", "us", "our") works on its own behalf and on behalf of various clients, contacting existing and prospective customers using the phone and other channels. In providing the Services, we contact businesses in relation to the goods and services in which they may be interested. Please note that all data captured and processed by Straight-Line will be done so in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR.
what Information is Collected?
The information we collect about individuals is always business related information – such as name, contact details and role. This information is either provided to us directly by the business, provided to us from our customers, or collected by us from third parties. We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms and contact us webpages. We collect your details when you email us with an enquiry. In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website.
Use of Personal Data
In accordance with data protection laws, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful basis we use for most of this processing is "Legitimate Interest" - where it is in our (or our clients') legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that none of these prejudice your own fundamental rights or freedoms. We also use your consent as another lawful basis for procesisng your personal data, such as where you subscribe to our newsletter.
Under the basis of legitimate interests, some of the ways we may use your personal data include:
- Contacting business contacts provided by our customers about our customers’ various goods or services in which their business may be interested
- Contacting individuals whose business may be interested in Straight-Line’s services
- Contacting individuals whose business may in interested in various goods and services offered by our customers
- Enriching the details we have on business contacts with other information that we hold so that we provide more tailored information about goods and services appropriate to the recipients’ business
- Obtaining information from data providers and publicly available sources about businesses which may be interested in our customers’ goods and services
- Including you and your business in campaigns which you may be interested in where you have contacted us via the website
- Sharing your personal data with our partner companies who may contact you regarding goods and services in which your business may be interested
Disclosing Your Information
In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
You will always have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing from us and we will always ensure that we screen any data against the Corporate Telephone Preference Service prior to contacting businesses.
If you would like to opt-out of any marketing communications from us or limit the channels in which we contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt-out we may still receive your details from third parties and our customers in relation to specific campaigns and you may therefore need to notify our customers in order to opt-out.
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground and where we do not have compelling legitimate interests to override such objection. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
These rights may not always apply, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping. If this is the case then we’ll let you know when we respond to your request.Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How long We keep your data
We retain your personal data for as long as your contract with us remains active, and for 5 years after (in case you decide to get back in touch or have any queries about your contract). Please note that if you opt-out of any marketing we will retain a record of your data to ensure that you do not receive any future marketing.
transfers outside of the EEA
The EEA includes all EU countries, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Some of the third parties that we share personal data with may need to transfer personal data outside of the EEA, for example to the United States of America.
Where your personal data is transferred to a country outside of the EEA and that country is not subject to an EU adequacy decision, we will ensure your data is protected by appropriate safeguards (for example, EU approved standard contractual clauses, a Privacy Shield certification, or a supplier’s Binding Corporate Rules). A copy of the relevant safeguard can be provided for your review on request.